What Is Profhilo and Why it's Here To Stay
At Face the Future Clinic, our ethos is built around offering our patients those small corrections and improvements to enhance what is already there. Profhilo is the ultimate subtle tweakment that leaves skin feeling intensely moisturised and looking tighter with a lifted appearance. Achieve your skin, but better with the Profhilo face treatment at Face the Future Clinic...
What is Profhilo?
Are you looking to boost hydration, improve skin elasticity and firmness? Look no further than Profhilo, a cutting edge and innovative treatment that stimulates the production of collagen in the skin by releasing Hyaluronic Acid. Our body naturally produces Hyaluronic Acid so even though it is offered through an injectable, there is minor downtime. Profhilo continues to be the go to treatment for those patients looking for natural results and an improvement in skin health. It is a Hyaluronic Acid product but unlike dermal fillers, it has no cross-linking agents to get up to mischief once injected into skin. Profhilo is often described as an internal moisturiser, rather than dermal filler.
The Hero Ingredient
Hyaluronic Acid is renowned for its hydrophilic effect, drawing and holding water around the skin cells, giving a super hydrated feel and firmness to skin. Patients describe skin as feeling intensely moisturised, plump and having an almost airbrushed look. It works by initially flooding the skin with Hyaluronic Acid but it also stimulates collagen and elastin production, leading to a tightening effect. Profhilo is injected gently, just underneath the skin's surface - there is some slight discomfort but it isn't painful. Downtime is minimal with small swellings on the skin for a few hours post-treatment and bruising is rare. It is usually recommended to avoid physical activity for the rest of the day and intense sun or UV light exposure should also be avoided for a few days post-treatment.
Profhilo Before And After
The best results are seen after a course of two treatments, 4 weeks apart and improvements in skin health may be seen as quickly as 5 to 7 days post-treatment. Maximum results can be seen 6 weeks after the second treatment. These improvements in skin quality can be seen for up to 9 months, when repeat treatment is then recommended. Treatment with Profhilo offers an overall improvement in skin quality and texture. Skin feels tighter, firmer and has a dewy, relaxed appearance. It gives impressive results on the face and neck and can be beneficial on other areas such as the décolletage, hands and arms.
Image source: Profhilo UK
What our patients say about Profhilo Injection
"I am incredibly pleased with the results of my Profhilo. It's difficult to describe exactly what it's done but my skin just looks and feels so much better. I love the fact it is so natural and my friends keep telling me I look really well." - JK, Leeds
"I was really nervous about injectable products and didn't really want to go down the Botox and Filler route. When Kate suggested Profhilo and talked me through the process, I felt much more comfortable with this approach to ageing. I'm in love with the result. I feel so much fresher and my skin looks smooth and tight and has a lovely glow." - MB, Huddersfield
What our Registered Nurse Independent Prescriber, Kate, says about Profhilo
"I really like Profhilo and it's been a welcomed addition in clinic. Results are always incredibly natural, with skin texture and tone showing improvements and a tightening of the skin, which is difficult to achieve with other products. I've used it on lots of different skin types and the results are always pleasing. It's going from strength to strength and drawing a lot of attention in the press for all the right reasons. Profhilo is a winner for both clinic and patients, as the results are great and discomfort and downtime is minimal." - Kate Bancroft NIP
6 Facts About Profhilo Treatment
- Despite being an injectable product, Profhilo is NOT filler. This treatment is in a class of its own as a 'hyaluronic skin booster'. Skin boosters attract and bind water in the skin, providing support to the underlying tissue. This means skin feels tighter and has a more 'lifted' appearance.
- Profhilo is the purest form of injectable Hyaluronic Acid available and has no additives. Its manufacturing process doesn't involve the use of any chemical cross-linking agents; meaning Profhilo is a much safer option than many other injectable products.
- Profhilo not only offers deep hydration and a glowing complexion, it can also help skin look and feel tighter. The injected Hyaluronic Acid provides support from within skin's layers by stimulating our own collagen and elastin production - a winning combination!
- Profhilo can be used to treat many areas, not just the face. This versatile treatment is becoming increasingly popular in areas including the neck, décolleté, hands, arms and even knees. It really is a great multi-tasking treatment.
- Profhilo is easy to inject and comes with limited downtime for the patient. The procedure itself is a little uncomfortable and requires just 5 injections on each side of the face. Once the treatment is complete there are small lumps at the injection points, but they disappear relatively quickly and you can continue with your skincare regime as normal.
- To achieve the best possible results, Profhilo is recommended as a course of 2 treatments, twice a year. It can also be used as a stand-alone treatment or as part of a programme of skin care in combination with other treatment approaches.
Profhilo Treatment Cost
At Face The Future clinic, a course of two Profhilo treatments is £500. You can view our full Clinic price list for more information.
Special Offer Throughout July:
2 x Profhilo® treatments at the special price of £449 (Saving £51)
Contact reception on 0113 2827744 (option 2) to BOOK NOW!