Expired Skincare Survey: The Results We Discovered
Although it's great to ensure that you're getting the most out of your beauty products and use them up to the very last drop, did you know that using expired skin products can actually be ineffective; causing your skin more harm than good? We recently conducted a new survey with over 2,000 participants to find out more about their skincare routines and if they keep track of skincare expiration dates.
The survey found that out of the 2,021 people asked, 83% don't keep track of expiry dates on skincare products. Although 60% were aware that all skincare and beauty products have an expiry date, many were unsure when the products were due to expire and were still using them regardless.
We know that keeping track of skincare expiration dates can be tricky. That's why we've created a simple and effective solution with our brand new Skincare Shelf Life Stickers that can easily be placed on the packaging of any skincare and beauty product, making it as easy as possible for you to keep track of when it is time to replace expired skincare.
Discussing the importance of keeping on top of the shelf life of skincare products, Kimberly Hulme, Head of Clinic at Face the Future and pictured centre in the image above with some of her team, said that:
"January is the perfect time to take a good look at your skincare and beauty products and think about getting rid of anything that isn't performing for your skin as it should. Using expired skincare products for an extended period of time can actually start to reverse all the hard work you will have done by investing in the right products to begin with."
Our survey highlighted that there is a significant amount of confusion and misinformation when it comes to the shelf life of skincare and when it is time to replace out of date products.
Please discover our recent survey's findings below - the respondents were asked if they believed the following statements to be True or False.
1. All skincare and beauty products have an expiration date
2. Skincare will become less effective over time
3. Where you store skincare and beauty products does not affect their shelf life
4. Unopened skincare and beauty products will not expire
5. It is safe to use expired skincare
6. Skin can react badly when using expired skincare
7. You can always tell when a skincare product has expired
8. Skincare products last longer than makeup products
9. Makeup products last longer than skincare products
10. It is wasteful to get rid of skincare products that are not empty
11. It is bad for the environment to get rid of products that are not completely empty
Not sure how to track skincare expiration dates? Check out our handy guide to tracking expired skincare dates so that you can get the very best results out of your beauty products here.