What's In the Ameliorate LaH6 Skin Hydration Complex And How Does It Help Your Skin?
Offering effective, dermatologist-approved skincare solutions, Ameliorate is a premium skincare brand that is on a mission to help people feel liberated and confident in their own skin. Known for their iconic and industry-adored Transforming Body Lotion famous for treating the symptoms of dry, bumpy skin and Keratosis Pilaris, each one of Ameliorate's results-driven products is infused with their innovative LaH6 Skin Hydration Complex.
Formulated with 6 active moisturisers, this expert complex works incredibly hard to intensely boost moisture levels and lock-in hydration. But, what's in it and how exactly does it work? Keep on reading for everything you need to know about how this innovative complex will help transform dull, dry, and dehydrated skin back to life with a luminous radiance...
What's in the LaH6 Complex?
Ameliorate's award-winning LaH6 Skin Hydration Complex is proven to reveal smoother, softer, and more radiant skin on your face and body. A 2-in-1 formula, it both hydrates and exfoliates the skin and is the hero behind the brand's bestselling Transforming Body Lotion. Supercharged into their face, body, and scalp care products, its unique and innovative blend of moisturisers and humectants provide the skin with intense, long-lasting hydration.
So, what does it stand for?
To summarise, LaH6 stands for:
La: Lactic Acid - a hero ingredient in all of Ameliorate's formulas for its ability to be able to gentle exfoliate and hydrate the skin
H - Hydration complex formula
6 - Six active ingredients including:
- Ammonium Lactate (a derivative of Lactic Acid)
- Sodium Lactate
- Hydrolysed Milk Protein
By infusing these AHAs, humectants, and emollients, their dermatologist-approved products are carefully developed to tackle dry, dehydrated, dull, rough, or uneven texture along with Keratosis Pilaris, ingrown hair, and an itchy or flaky scalp. Is there any skin concern Ameliorate can't tackle?!
How does each ingredient work on the skin?
- Lactic Acid: Lactic Acid is known for its ability to penetrate the skin slower than other AHAs with smaller molecules such as Glycolic Acid. As a result, this provides a more gentle exfoliation that resurfaces the uppermost layers of the skin. This also makes it more gentle and effective of sensitive skin types.
- Ammonium Lactate: This is a very effective Alpha-Hydroxy Acid that helps to promote skin surface renewal while encouraging the shedding of dead skin cells to reveal a brighter, smoother complexion.
- Urea & Sodium Lactate: These ingredients bind water within the upper layers of the skin to leave it feeling hydrated, soft, and supple.
- Serine: Serine is a naturally occurring Amino Acid that can attract and bind water to the skin, helping to improve its condition.
- Allantoin: Known as a Keratolytic ingredient, Allantoin encourages surface cell renewal that in turn helps to improve the appearance of flaky, rough skin texture to leave it feeling smoother and softer.
- Hydrolysed Milk Protein: This is a skin conditioner that binds moisture within the upper layers of the skin, which helps to enhance the LaH6 Skin Complex's moisturising abilities.
The link between exfoliation and hydration
Keeping the skin hydrated is essential to maintaining and repairing the skin's barrier function while supporting cell turnover and new, healthy skin cells. To create healthy skin, it is important that you first remove the build-up of dead skin cells on the surface, as these can lead to dull skin and blocked pores.
- Exfoliation: to help keep the skin smooth and soft, dead skin cells must be shed. Throughout the cell-turnover process, new skin cells are formed and more mature cells move towards the uppermost layers of the skin and are ready to be shed. Using chemical exfoliators such as AHAs are incredibly beneficial as they will help to slough away dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, revealing new, fresh cells underneath.
- Hydration: Moisture-binding humectants and emollients are incredibly effective at preventing dehydration during the exfoliation process. Humectants bind water from the deeper layers of the skin, while emollients such as Cocoa Seed Butter and Sweet Almond Oil create a nourishing barrier to help protect the skin from moisture loss.
Ameliorate has combined these two steps in their LaH6 Skin Hydration Complex, infusing these powerful actives that work hard to both exfoliate and hydrate the skin while combatting an array of skin concerns including dry, dehydrated, dull, flaky skin along with Keratosis Pilaris.
Your Ameliorate Icon: Transforming Body Lotion
The product that started it all, Transforming Body Lotion is a lightweight, everyday body lotion designed for Keratosis Pilaris. Working to smooth away dry skin, bumps, and flakiness, it intensely moisturising for 24 hours thanks to the LaH6 Complex. The addition of hydrating Sweet Almond Oil softens and protects the skin to enhance its natural moisture barrier. Available in a variety of different fragrances, meaning you can switch-up your scent to match the season. It's also available in an Illuminating Glow formula if you prefer some additional radiance.