Cica Benefits For Skin: Everything You Need To Know
Heard of Cica but not entirely sure why you need it in your skincare regime? Read on to discover the multiple ways this powerful plant-based ingredient helps to transform your skin...
What is Cica?
Cica, also known as 'Centella asiatica', is an ancient plant originally used in traditional Asian medicine to help heal wounds and decrease inflammation. In Chinese medicine, it's also known as 'gotu kola'. According to Forbes, it was used in England to help treat leprosy and in France to help treat female issues like infertility. Most recently in Western medicine, it has been used to treat scars in particular. Cica is naturally charged with amino acids, beta carotene (vitamin A), fatty acids and phytochemicals.
What are the main Cica skin benefits?
Cica for skin can be super transformative if used correctly. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and is infused with antioxidants to help protect and repair your skin's natural barrier. It's also proven to help prevent moisture loss and restore your skin's hydration levels. It is super effective at healing your skin, due to its ability to increase collagen production, and reduces inflammation, too.
What skin type is Cica good for?
- Dry skin: Due to Cica's moisturising properties, this super healer is naturally beneficial for dry and dehydrated skin types. It is therefore advantageous to incorporate it into your skincare routine in Winter when your skin naturally feels drier.
- Acne-prone skin: due to its healing and anti-inflammatory abilities, Cica is also an effective ingredient for those who suffer from acne or get regular breakouts. It can also help to heal scarring caused by acne.
- Sensitive skin: skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis cause the skin to flare up and become dry and irritable. Cica can help to soothe, reduce inflammation and hydrate; the ideal trio for overly sensitive skin.
- Ageing skin: as Cica improves collagen production, it also helps to boost your skin's elasticity and firmness. This in turn smooths out fine lines and wrinkles to help you maintain a more youthful complexion.
New In: VENN Skincare Probiotics Cica Complex Biome Booster
There's a new Cica skincare product in town! The new Cica Complex Biome Booster by Korean skincare brand VENN is formulated with 21,500ppm of Cica actives, including Bacillus Ferment, Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Saccharomyces Ferment and Beta-Glucan. This skin-restorative serum is clinically-proven* to:
- Visibly calm skin after physical, chemical and UV induced stress
- Visibly lift skin (eye, mouth and cheek areas)
- Improve skin’s elasticity
- Strengthen skin’s moisture barrier
- Deeply hydrate the skin
*Korea Dermatology Research Institute / 21 participants / 4-week study
Shop more Cica charged skincare online at Face The Future.