Thursday, 23 July 2015
The DMK Acne Skincare Routine
Having struggled with acne myself, I know that trying to treat it can be a nightmare. With product after product claiming to banish the blemishes, it can be an ordeal trying to figure out which will work wonders on your skin and which are just fancy marketing jargon in a pot.
Here at Face The Future, we love the Danné Montague-King range for helping get your skin back under control. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to the products in the Acu-System, a range of at-home products designed to target acne in a revolutionary way. As well as being paraben and sulphate free, all of these products are also impressively free from benzoyl peroxide. So, here is your introduction to the 5 step system designed to help win the battle against acne.
- First thing’s first with acne-prone skin, always remember to give your skin a thorough cleanse. The Acu Klenz is a gel cleanser that is great for deep cleansing those pores and controlling sebum production to keep spots at bay. For me, one of the worst parts of acne was being unable to cover the redness with concealer and feeling incredibly self-conscious. The aloe extract in this cleanser has a calming effect on the skin, reducing redness and inflammation.
- Next, be sure to liberally spray the skin with the Acu-Mist. Acu Mist is a rebalancing tonic that helps to restore the important acid mantle on the skin’s surface. Acne skin is internally water deficient, so this part is crucial to help your skin retain the added moisture from the Acu-Moist.
- Following this is the Acu-Klear, a treatment lotion that works to dry up existing acne, as well as preventing new blemishes from forming.
Top tip: Always be sure to apply Acu-Moist after this treatment to avoid over-drying the skin and keeping it balanced.
- A massive misconception of acne sufferers with oily skin (my teenage self included) is avoid mositurisers like the plague to avoid clogging the pores. I would reluctantly apply tiny amounts of moisturiser, always in fear I would wake up to a whole new breakout. The last thing oily, acne prone skin needs is a heavy, oily moisturiser, but a light, non-greasy one like the Acu-Moist will do wonders for your skin.
- As a final treatment, we have Acu-Therm. This blemish gel is applied directly onto the affected areas and is the ultimate deep pore cleansing product, unclogging congested pores that can often be hard to extract. So, you can say goodbye to the bad habit of squeezing them away!
If you would like any advice on treating acne skin, or to place a DMK order, call one of our skincare advisers on 0113 282 3181.