Spring Clean Your Make Up Bag
- Mascaras are good for around 2 months
- Liquid and gel eyeliners and shadows such be cleared out after 3 months
- Powder eye shadows will last you about 6 months
- It's around 6-12 months for liquid or cream foundations and blushers. This is also generally the case for serums/creams once they have been opened, but be sure to check individual products when it comes to skincare.
- Powder foundations, blushers and setting powders, lipsticks and nail polishes give you a bit longer to use, with an opened shelf life of 1-2 years.
Top tip: Don't forget to regularly wash your make up brushes too! Think about the last time you cleaned your foundation brush. Now think about all the bacteria and grime that could build up in there in that time. Eww!This may not seem like very long, but the inside of your products will be warm and sometimes wet, which gives bacteria the perfect breading ground. In this time, it can spread by hundreds and thousands! As much as you may love your products, you don't want to be applying bacteria all over your skin, and especially around the eyes.So, if you haven't already, now is time for your beauty spring clean.
If you need any more advice on product shelf life, call our skincare experts on 0113 282 7744.
Written for you by: Ellie, Face the Future