Thursday, 26 September 2019
Spectra Carbon Peel aka The Hollywood Peel
Awards season is upon us, but is your face red carpet ready? You may not have a ticket to a glitzy premiere but your skin can certainly be big-screen worthy! In fact, celebrities and the Hollywood elite opt for this treatment to prepare their skin for the flashing cameras - hence the namethe Hollywood Peel!The Hollywood Peel also goes by a few other names such as the Carbon Laser Peel or the Spectra Carbon Peel, but more on that later. Read on to find out more about this in-clinic treatment, plus take advantage of our incredible offer when you book a course of treatments.Whether you have a big event coming up or you want to rejuvenate and perfect your complexion, the Hollywood Peel may be just what you are looking for
What is the Hollywood Peel?One of our most popular facials in clinic at this time of year, the Hollywood Peel is chosen for its non-invasive technique, zero pain, speedy treatment time and absolutely no downtime.The super quick treatment takes no longer than 30 minutes, so it can even be completed during a lunch break, offering some immediate results and long-term benefits with continued treatments.The treatment combines a carbon substance and multiple laser modes to draw out impurities, reduce enlarged pores, reduce the appearance of blemishes and acne scarring as well as improving fine lines and wrinkles.
How does the Hollywood Peel work?
- Step one - The Hollywood Peel uses an innovative carbon substance that is applied to freshly cleansed skin. Once the black carbon substance has been applied to the entire face and has completely dried, we use a laser mode that encourages the carbon to attach itself to dead skin cells and excess sebum to revitalise the complexion. As mentioned, the treatment is completely pain free and this laser mode has a warming sensation on the skin.
- Step two - The next laser mode reacts with the carbon substance to draw out impurities, toxins and dead skin cells. This refreshes and revitalises the complexion as well as reducing enlarged pores, targeting blemishes and acne scarring as well as improving fine lines and wrinkles. This laser mode reacts with the carbon, completely eliminating the black substance as the laser moves over the face - it's very satisfying to watch! This stage of the treatment has a slight tingling effect on skin but is not painful.
- Step three - Finally, once all the carbon has been removed from the complexion as per the above stage, the laser is switched to the final mode, which revitalises and rejuvenates skin for a brighter and fresher complexion, again this is not painful and has a warming sensation similar to the first laser mode. This stage of the treatment is beneficial for all skin types, particularly those concerned with lines and wrinkles, acne scarring and areas of pigmentation.
Is there any downtime after treatment?Skin may be a little pink directly after treatment, but as the treatment is non-invasive, you are able to go back to your normal day-to-day activities. Once the treatment is complete, the clinician will apply a broad-spectrum SPF to keep your skin protected from UV exposure.
Who is the treatment for?The Hollywood Peel is suitable for most skin types thanks to its multitude of benefits. The multi-action facial helps to refresh, rejuvenate and revitalise the complexion with the added benefit of helping with:
- Reducing fine lines & wrinkles
- Reducing acne scarring
- Drying out blemishes & live bacteria
- Minimising enlarged pores
- Reducing the appearance of pigmentation
- Reducing excessive sebum