Kelo-cote is a patented topical silicone gel for the management and prevention of abnormal scars in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids. Now specially built with sunscreen to suit the Australian outdoor-loving lifestyle. With built in SPF 30 sunscreen, it protects visible scars from the effects of sun, sea and surf.
Benefits of Kelo-cote UV
- The only 100% silicone scar treatment with SPF 30 UV protection ingredients
- Self-dries within 4-5 minutes forming a flexible, transparent sheet
- Flattens, softens and helps smooth existing raised scars
- Reduces discolouration and redness
- Relieves associated itch, pain and discomfort of scars UV protection ingredients may protect scars from discolouration and redness caused by sun exposure
- Very water resistant
- Once dry, cosmetics may be applied Ideal for areas exposed to the sun such as the face, neck, chest or hands
- May be used on flexures, joints, irregular surfaces, as well as large area scars
- Can be used in conjunction with any other treatment option such as pressure garments
Prevention through Solar Protection
UV exposure has been shown to influence the wound healing process by causing immediate UV-induced inflammation.
Presents as erythema, followed by increased skin pigmentation (may result in long term pigmentation of a fresh or recent scar)
Affecting the metabolism of Type I collagen within hours of UV exposure
Whether the result of sutured incision or natural healing, a scar should be protected from the sun during the whole maturation process (anywhere from 6 months to 3 years, according to studies cases).
Not sure which product to use? Speak to a skin expert on 0113 282 7744
Phone lines open Monday - Friday, from 9am