Wednesday, 06 May 2020
How To Use Your DMK At-Home Enzyme Treatment
It's safe to say we are missing our patients and we are definitely missing our regular DMK treatments! Thankfully, we have an alternative to help you maintain your treatment programme and continue your journey to healthy skin at home. In today's blog we are talking all about the brand new DMK At-Home Enzyme Treatment Kit.
Until we are able to re-open our clinic doors, this at-home treatment is the perfect alternative to keep your skin in good condition. The DMK At-Home Enzyme Treatment is designed to remove dead cell build up, improve circulation and leave you with a fresh and radiant glow. It's not the quickest treatment and it's not fuss-free, but the results are worth it and it really works to leave your skin healthy and glowing.
DMK is unlike any other treatment, rather than working simply on the surface, DMK products work to oxygenate, detoxify and revise the skin to improve its overall functioning. The at-home treatment encourages blood circulation, oxygenation and lymphatic drainage while helping to flush away toxins, free radicals and stimulate collagen production.
Watch the treatment in action! You can see the skin pulsating as the mask hardens:
The treatment follows DMK's four-phase system that duplicates skin's chemistry:
Remove dead skin cells that lead to congestion, dry skin, fine lines & skin discolouration.
Rebuild live cells by providing protein, amino acids & nutrients.
Protect skin from sun damage, free radicals & other environmental factors.
Maintain the best possible skin functions using the purest botanical ingredients for continual rejuvenation.
Here's our step-by-step guide on how to use your DMK At-Home Enzyme Treatment:
1. Add a pea sized amount of cleanser to the bowl provided.
2. Mix cleanser with warm water.
3. Cleanse skin over the sink using the DMK brush in circular motions all over the face.
4. Wipe away the cleanser with a warm towel or flannel
5. The guide is to mix 2 tablespoon of Foamy Lift powder to 1 tablespoon of the Exoderma Peel Gel - (I like to give the visual of custard - not too thin not too thick!) Use your mixing bowl and brush (I use the opposite end to the brush to mix).
6. Start at the neck and perform upward movements, on the centre of the face the movements are outward and forehead upwards (don't worry if you get this wrong - it's best if you work from the neck upwards though).
7. Wait 30- 45 mins for the product to dry, it might feel like a long time, but it's worth it! Your skin will feel tight and dry, you may feel a slight pulsing - this is normal so don't panic. Try to relax, maybe pop on a candle and read a book, listen to music or use it as mediation time.
8. After 30-45 mins I like to apply a damp cloth to help crack the tension in the mask, then use your normal cleanser to soften the mask. I like to use the brush to work my cleanser in, just make sure it's clean. I then finish with a wet cloth or just water - be aware that you will need to do around three repeats of the above step to fully remove the mask.
Once the mask is removed completely your skin will feel amazing, it may be a little pink from the removal and also from the increased blood circulation that has been stimulated, but that's normal and will subside.
Finish the treatment with your normal day or night routine. We love to follow this treatment with the DMK Beta Gel Hydrating Beta-Glucan Serum to immediately boost skin's immune defences and provide an excellent anti-inflammatory action. It can also be layered with the DMK Direct Delivery Vitamin C Antioxidant Serum to protect against free radicals, enhance cellular stimulation and support vital tissue repair.
We're here for you
Although our clinic may be closed for now, don't forget we are still here to help and answer all your skincare questions. You can contact Kate, Kimberley & Claire from our clinic team for remote consultations, product reviews and any general or individual skincare advice on firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help, so please stay in contact and use us as often as needed to continue your skin health journey.
Our online shop continues to operate as normal, following government guidelines, so you can continue to purchase the skincare products you love. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service team on email@example.com or call 0113 282 7744.
Stay home & stay safe, with love from everyone at Face the Future.
Written for you by: Claire, Face the Future Image source: DMK UK